So, since I have a lot of catching up to do, I'll just continue! As I said in the last post, I went to 2 other fertility specialists. The first one was in Sept. '11, before our last IVF. Even though the doctor wasn't really personable, I felt like it could be a good fit because he showed me a similar case to mine and the woman got pregnant. But, money is such an issue and it would have been cheaper to continue with my same fertility specialist. They have been helping me with the medication aspect, since I have to take more than the average woman. :-P And we know how that IVF turned out...
The next fertility specialist I went to was in the spring of '12. Ok, so let me remind you of my conditions: endo, antibodies kill sperm, low ovarian reserve, and I was diagnosed with adenomyosis (endo. of the uterus). So, my file is, let's just say, HUGE. Ok, well, when we went in to meet with this doctor, he looked at me like I had 5 heads. He basically asked why we were wasting our money on my eggs and what problem I had with donor eggs. Well, the fertility specialist I had been seeing for the past 3 years had said that donor eggs was my best choice, but I wasn't ready. Needless to say, I left the appointment crying my eyes out...
It took me awhile to accept the fact that this is going to be our best option, but it is still hard. I know it may be selfish, but I wanted a child to have mommy's nose and daddy's eyes... but now it'll just be daddy's eyes and some other woman's nose. After doing a little research and talking to other people, I came to the realization that he/she will be OUR child.... The baby will pick up on so much of our habits and personality, it won't matter what they look like. Now, if only we can get the money part in order...
No comments:
Post a Comment