Follow Me!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Silent Sorority

I know... it's been a really long time since I've been on here.. And I wish it was because I had good news to share and I've been so busy.  But, I don't have good news.  Since my last post (which was over a year ago- eek!), we have been to 2 more fertility specialists and had a failed IVF.  The last IVF we did was in Nov. '11.  It actually seemed really promising.  On the ultrasound, it looked like I had several eggs, but when they went for the retrieval, I only had 3 eggs.  They all fertilized, which was great, but only 1 had progressed to a blastocyst. But, of course, we couldn't leave the other 2, so all 3 were implanted.  Two weeks later... you know the rest.  It was the day before Thanksgiving and we left the same day to go to Pennsylvania to visit my family.  Boy, that trip was not fun... especially after seeing everybody who likes to tell me, "Oh, you're so young; you have time." or "It'll happen." or my absolute favorite "You just need to relax."  Yuck! That makes me really want to visit PA so much more...
But something good has come out of good 'ole PA... I've been debating about whether to get my blog back going and I recently received a special message from a good high school friend.  She told me that her and her husband have been going through a similar thing.  She had wanted to contact me but before but didn't.  I am so glad she did and I had absolutely no idea.  It made me cry terribly because I knew the pain she had felt.  Infertility really is a "Silent Sorority".  She told me she found "my determination and openness inspiring".  While I definitely do not feel inspiring, I felt it was my duty to start this back up and maybe help others who are struggling with this horrible disease.  So, here I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment