This blog is about being on the fertility roller coaster. My husband and I have been trying for 5 years to start our family. Even though I'm starting my blog later in our journey, I would like to share all of the ups and downs we have and will go through. Please feel free to leave comments!
Sunday, August 19, 2012
The announcements are never-ending..
As I said in the last post, I cannot get away from all things babies... I just spent most of the night bawling my eyes out, questioning my purpose in life. I went to work in my room today and a fellow teacher told me that one teacher (who is new and who works in our grade level) is pregnant. She said she didn't know if I wanted to know before it was known to everyone else. It's never easy to find out- but I think it is better for me to know then be caught off guard. At least, with this one, hopefully, I can avoid any announcements or surprises. This will make 5 maternity leaves at my school. This is probably the hardest. Usually, it wouldn't be because I don't really know her. But, since she's working in my grade level, I'm going to have to see her constantly, every single day. I'll see her belly grow and hear everyone talk excitedly about her pregnancy. I'm feeling like this is not going be a good year... :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(this is keri-ann from icfi...) you know - it really sucks to be that person that everyone has to "tiptoe" around and "oooh we have to tell XXX first so she doesn't get upset!" I hate it. I am that person at my job.
ReplyDeleteI just hope you find a good way to cope with all of them. :) I know I'm still trying to find my own way.